Saturday, September 14, 2013

Wm A Rogers Silverplated Goblet or cup

After a 60 minute shine
Here is the before and after. I bought the goblet at auction and paid $4.00 for twinkle at my grocery store. Twinkle is a silver cleaner that doesn't stink or burn your hands. I then I rubbed it like it was an aladdin's lamp for about 1 hour. It has improved so much but will still require a little more effort.
After a 20 minute shine

Here's a bit of manufacturer's history. A New York storekeeper founded the company in the 1890's and was further developed until the late 1920's after being purchased by Oneida.

This piece has no date on the bottom so further research is needed to identify the date unless just knowing the time span is enough. Only Wm A Rogers is imprinted. The piece is rather plain. The only reason I decided to clean it up was because of the stamp on the bottom (since it was an orphan).





1 comment:

Charlene said...

Great info! Now I can look for real silver when I'm out and about. Thanks!

Search This Blog